You've got to make this cake. I know it doesn't make one dang bit of sense for me to have two posts back to back........ one about losing weight and one about baking this cake.
Just look at it........... see what I mean?
To tell you the truth, I made this last weekend before my weigh in and still lost weight. I just didn't eat the whole thing, only two pieces.
And it was great! I made a couple changes......... just little ones, like substituting some of the oil with applesauce....... made no difference in taste or texture. It stays moist for days and just gets better and better. I made this when I was a kid while I was visiting my Aunt Rosemary and family........ she called it "Inside Out Cake".
I just call it good. Here's the recipe........ very easy and soooo yummy!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips , (I used chunky chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan. (You can use a 9 X 13 or an Angel Food pan.)
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, applesauce, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
No need to frost. So good!
I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of what I have of Amelia's
finger killin' quilt.
Have a great night Ya'll!